Transitioning in Australia
We are almost to PNG. Praise God! We finished up our packing, by God’s grace and the help of family and friends, and left on our way to PNG on May 10. We are now in Cairns, Australia, adjusting to the climate (hot!) and time zone (17 hours different from WA), and gearing up for our life in PNG again.
After the stress of packing, saying goodbyes, and leaving the U.S., we are very grateful that we have this time to decompress and prepare for this next stage of our lives. Many people have asked how long we plan to be in PNG. Our answer is “3 years, but it’s in God’s hands.”
Watching God Work
Over the time that we were home in the U.S., we watched God work in a number of ways:
- He healed us from the traumatic incident that brought us home from PNG.
- He provided a church family where we were loved and cared for and developed deep friendships, and that prayerfully commissioned us for this term in PNG.
- He provided for us financially, through many of you, when we came home suddenly and had extra, unexpected expenses. Thank you again for your involvement in our Wycliffe ministry during that difficult time.
- He gracious provided for our return to PNG when our Wycliffe ministry budget was significantly raised just weeks before our scheduled flights.
We are so grateful for your participation in our Wycliffe ministry in PNG, through your prayers and faithful financial partnership. We watched God work over this last month and are almost fully funded (just $150/month short of 100%). This is a huge blessing for us and we are satisfied that God has worked and that He will sustain us in PNG. THANK YOU for your part in what God is doing in PNG.
Prayer and Praise
- Prayer: Our final flights to PNG and Ukarumpa (our support center) this Sunday and Monday (your Saturday and Sunday).
- Prayer/Praise: Smooth transitions through all of our flights and travels.
- Praise: All of our luggage has made it with us this far.
- Prayer: For our adjustment to being back in PNG.
- Prayer: For the Paratext Course that James is teaching in early June.
Serving a God who works in wondrous ways,
James and Christina